Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 2 - Thursday

Things are still going well. We made it out of Garden City about 5 minutes early, and didn't have to stop until our early lunch at 10:30am. The DVD player that we borrowed from the Frey's is working it's miracles. We've watched about 4 movies and have had no fighting.


It looks like the APRS tracking is getting gated onto the Internet pretty well. I'm running about 25W out of a 5/8 wave vertical on top of the van. It's sitting about 2 inches away from the Garmin GPS-35 unit that we used to use on balloons. I would up running a ground strap to the radio, and to the shell of the APRS controller box. I also put a couple of ferrite beads on the coax and RS-232 cables.

We stopped for lunch in Tucumcari. While getting gas and ice, we bought three lottery tickets. Acacia's was a winner, and earned her $2 of spending cash! Lunch was at an A&W / Long John Silvers joint. There was a centipede trying to crawl into the men's restroom.


We just got on the Interstate I-40 heading west towards Flagstaff, but have been in contruction zones for the last 20 miles. Hopefully they're over now. The next planned stop will be at a Best Buy in Albuquerque to buy an iPod Touch.

No comments: